Charles S. Curry was
born November 1, 1864, in Jefferson City, Missouri, the son of Dr. W.
A. Curry, who came out to Missouri from Virginia in 1837, and did much
to upbuild Jefferson City and develop Cole County.
The subject of this sketch went to the public
schools, and then learned the printer's trade, but after a time went
down into Texas, where he remained in the cattle business for three
His next business venture was with a hotel in
Caldwell, Kas., but in 1885 he came to Kansas City, where he has since
remained. In 1887 the real estate firm Curry & Truitt was
formed, and continued until 1894, when Mr. Curry was appointed City
Clerk by Mayor Davis. He also served in this position through
the two administrations of Mayor Jones. In 1902 a change of
administration retired him, and he is now head of the real estate firm
C. S. Curry & Co.
Mr. Curry has always been active in Republican politics, and has been
secretary of the Congressional and City Committees at times. He
belongs to the Kansas City Club, the Driving Club, and is an
Elk. He married Miss Lulu Gordon, of Jefferson City, in 1887,
and they have five children, three boys and two girls.